January saw a flurry of posts on the blog, and I (Adam) will do my best to keep it up. Here are highlights from the month.
Top 7 Posts from January
Ranked by reader traffic and feedback.
1. Does Fiction Lie? Thoughts on Truth & Christian Storytelling This post caused a bit of a stir. A reader submitted a question about whether fiction is valid for Christians, and the story-lover in blogger Adam Forrest was unleashed...
2. King Jesus, His Gospel, and Us - Coverage of N.T. Wright's provocative session at the January Series of Calvin College. Basically, Wright says, we're not listening to the whole song...
3. Small Group Videos Galore - Over 50 of our small group videos are on YouTube for free. Learn where to find them.
5. History-Making Prayer & the Legend of the Circle-Maker - Mark Batterson (@MarkBatterson) tells the legend of Honi, the circle-drawing, history-changing pray-er. Excerpt from The Circle Maker.
6. The Hitchhiker and the Blue Jeans (A Surprise Blessing) Author Andrea Palpant Dilley shares a hitch-hiking story she'll never forget. (I bet you won't, either.) Excerpt from Faith and Other Flat Tires.
7. Do Not Judge? Jesus on "Using a Good Measure" Lois Tverberg (@LoisTverberg) on what Jesus really meant when he talked about judging others. Excerpt from her new book Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus.
10 More Posts of Note
1. Martin Luther King & Jeremiah the Prophet - The similarites between the prophet and MLK are considerable, as shown by Jeremiah experts Tremper Longman III and David E.
2. Sloth, aka "The Noonday Demon" An experiment in personifying sloth, so we may more easily detect it in ourselves and resist it.
3. Eight Surprising Ideas about Humility + Joe Louis's Punching Power A post inspired by the boxing champion and the writing of John Dickson (@johnpauldickson), whom I personally believe is on his way to becoming a heavyweight champion of biblical scholarship.