1. We often confuse the heart of compassion that requires a response with the feeling of sympathy that remains idle.
2. Sometimes I would like to ask God why He allows poverty, suffering, and injustice when He could do something about it. But, I'm afraid He would ask me the same question. [-Anonymous]
3. Need is everywhere, yet we too often fail to see it. If we don't see it, we won't be bothered by it. If we're not bothered by it, we won't engage it. By our neglect, we become the oppressor.
4. All movement toward mission requires sacrifice. Nothing of great value comes without great cost.
These quotes are from Barefoot Church: Serving the Least in a Consumer Culture by Brandon Hatmaker (@brandonhatmaker).
Learn more about Barefoot Church.
- Adam Forrest, Zondervan Internet Team
(This post does not represent the official view of Zondervan or any of its representatives. The writer's opinions are their own, and are shared for information purposes only. To receive new Zondervan Blog posts in your reader or email inbox, subscribe to Zondervan Blog.)