Jesus for President: Politics for Ordinary Radicals, by Shane Claiborne, Chris Haw and Friends is embarking on a virtual Blog Tour this spring! This summer we'll be embarking on a real tour of 22 cities, which you can learn more about below. In the meantime, we don't want to wait until the summer to spread the message of Jesus for President. So, we'd like to invite you to participate in our Blog Tour this spring.
What's a Blog Tour you ask? It's quite simple. Along with your own comments on your blog, you are invited to share portions of Jesus for President's message, videos, audio, visuals, widget, tours dates, and websites on your blog. We'll outline each of these below, and then give you more details on how your blog can participate in the Jesus for President Blog Tour at the bottom of this post. We will be watching all of the blogs participating in the Blog Tour. Shane, Chris and friends will occasionally pop in and visit blogs and leave a comment in the comments section of participating blogs.
Jesus for President: Politics for Ordinary Radicals
by Shane Claiborne, Chris Haw And Friends
A different kind of campaign.
A different kind of party.
A different kind of Commander in Chief.
Amid all the buzz of politics and elections, Jesus for President is a refreshing reminder that our ultimate hope lies not in partisan political options but in the Jesus who gave his life for us. Politics for ordinary radicals who want to love the world into the kingdom of God.
Jesus for President is a radical manifesto to awaken the Christian political imagination, reminding us that our ultimate hope lies not in partisan political options but in Jesus and the incarnation of the peculiar politic of the church as a people “set apart” from this world. In what can be termed lyrical theology, Jesus for President poetically weaves together words and images to sing (rather than dictate) its message. It is a collaboration of Shane Claiborne’s writing and stories, Chris Haw’s reflections and research, and art and design.
Drawing upon the work of biblical theologians, the lessons of church history, and the examples of modern-day saints and ordinary radicals, Jesus for President stirs the imagination of what the Church could look like if it placed its faith in Jesus instead of Caesar.
A fresh look at Christianity and empire, Jesus for President transcends questions of “Should I vote or not?” and “Which candidate?” by thinking creatively about the fundamental issues of faith and allegiance. It’s written for those who seek to follow Jesus, rediscover the spirit of the early church, and incarnate the kingdom of God.
Three Degrees of Separation from Speaking of Faith on Vimeo.
Khakis, blue jeans, and dungarees graced the stage at this public event in San Diego. The generational differences between these three Evangelical leaders seemed obvious. But this lively conversation revealed a shared theology that guides these three men — Chuck Colson, Greg Boyd, and Shane Claiborne — as they interpret and live out their values in varying ways.
Here, as part of a Speaking of Faith production, Krista Tippett moderates this panel seminar at the 2008 National Pastors Convention.
Produced and edited by Trent Gilliss, Mitch Hanley, and Colleen Scheck.
What is your reaction to the discussion Chuck Colson, Greg Boyd, and Shane Claiborne have in this video? Please post up in the "Comments" section below.
Coming soon to cities across the empire…
JUNE 23 - GRAND RAPIDS
JUNE 24 - INDIANAPOLIS
JUNE 25 - CINCINNATI
JUNE 26 - PITTSBURGH
JUNE 27 - WASHINGTON DC
JUNE 28 - NEW YORK CITY
JUNE 29 - HARTFORD
JUNE 30 - TORONTO, CANADA
JULY 4 - CORNERSTONE FESTIVAL
JULY 7 - DENVER
JULY 11 - SAN FRANCISCO
JULY 12 - FRESNO
JULY 13 - LOS ANGELES
JULY 15 - ALBUQUERQUE
JULY 16 - LUBBOCK
JULY 17 - DALLAS
JULY 19 - ATLANTA
JULY 20 - ORLANDO
JULY 22 - RALEIGH/DURHAM
JULY 23 - RICHMOND
JULY 26 - PHILADELPHIA
All events begin at 7pm. Venues are posted here.
To participate in the Jesus for President Blog Tour, here are the steps:
1. Post up the subject "Jesus for President Blog Tour" and type away your comments about Jesus for President: Politics for Ordinary Radicals. If you've read the book or are reading it, please post up your review of the book.
2. In your blog posting you're encouraged to share the message, the videos, the audio, the visuals, the widget, the tours dates, and the websites on your blog - all of these can be found above. Need the embed code for the videos? You can get the codes here, here, and here.
3. In your blog posting, please do send link people to this blog posting, so that others can participate in the blog tour as well. Our permalink URL to send folks back to is: http://zondervan.typepad.com/zondervan/2008/03/jesus-for-pre-1.html
4. Come back to this page and leave the permalink URL to your Jesus for President Blog Tour posting in our Comments. This is how Shane, Chris, and friends will be able to visit your blog.
5. We can't promise this for every blog, but on occasion Shane, Chris, or friends will leave a comment in the comments section of your blog posting on the Jesus for President Blog Tour.
6. Any questions on this blog tour? Please post them up in the comments section below, and we'll answer them there. We figure others may have the same question you do, so we'll answer it for everyone.
7. Thank you for participating in the Jesus for President Blog Tour! Let the tour begin!